Wednesday 19 October 2011

I-CORD

Eight stitches, cast on securely. Felting yarn used.
A few metres of I-CORD, ready to turn into a felted fabric.
Ready to tack onto a backing fabric so it stays flat during felting.
Large tacking stitches.
After felting. Not enough tacking stitches and none of the I-CORD has joined
After stitches and backing fabric removed.
Several wraps of the same yarn, joining and overlapping, to turn this into a 'fabric'
After felting, Front.
After felting, Back.
See sample section 006

This didn't work as well as planned. I assumed the I-CORD would join if I stitched it down roughly. (Perhaps a 'fuzzier' yarn would have helped this). For any chance of this working as a flat but thick fabric, the I-CORD would have to be arranged into rows, and tacked down every centimetre.

I tried to rescue this sample by wrapping lengths of the same yarn around all of the I-CORD, however the result is messy. Securing all of the ends and tucking them in would improve the appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment